and what better time to finish an easy DIY advent calendar...
I was flipping through a catalog of The Land of Nod
and stumbled upon a darling advent calendar...expensive but cute
I decided to try and make one similar myself and this is what I came up with:
all you need is:
and embroidery thread
1. cut a big square in the shape of a house
in forest green felt, attach a black roof and chimney
2. cut each square and different color numbers
(i free-handed this and it was easy, just a little intricate)
3. glue the numbers on the squares
(i did this in no particular order or pattern)
4. lay them all out on your "house"
and embroider around the edges
5. to make my santa, i free-handed his shape too
and then simply glued it to a popsicle stick
this advent calendar is pure felt
cheap, easy and not time-consuming, like some can be
stick some small candies or little pieces of paper with activities
on them for your kids to enjoy each day!