Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Monday, November 28, 2011

DIY advent calendar

the holidays are right around the corner
and what better time to finish an easy DIY advent calendar...

I was flipping through a catalog of The Land of Nod
and stumbled upon a darling advent calendar...expensive but cute

I decided to try and make one similar myself and this is what I came up with:




all you need is:
felt
fabric glue
sewing needle
and embroidery thread


1. cut a big square in the shape of a house
in forest green felt, attach a black roof and chimney

2. cut each square and different color numbers
(i free-handed this and it was easy, just a little intricate)

3. glue the numbers on the squares
(i did this in no particular order or pattern)

4. lay them all out on your "house"
and embroider around the edges




5. to make my santa, i free-handed his shape too
and then simply glued it to a popsicle stick


this advent calendar is pure felt
cheap, easy and not time-consuming, like some can be
stick some small candies or little pieces of paper with activities
on them for your kids to enjoy each day!


 
                                                                             Pin It


9 comments:

  1. I love this! This is perfect:) I am seriously loving your post (and your entire blog for that matter)! It is so informative and I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable (http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-3.html). I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday!

    Warmly,
    Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
    Here's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Can't wait to start using the advent calendar. I have stumbled this post. I am a new FB fan visiting from My Backyard Eden. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! I would love to have you link this up @ my blog!
    http://cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-makes-you-say-mmmmm-4-and-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found you from Making the World Cuter and following. Your calendar is so cute! Someday I will make one, after more os our house is done! I'd love for you to share this at my monthly linky on Tuesday - I hope you can make it. Have a great weekend! Nan
    PlayfulDecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i just made a post featuring some great advent ideas, and yours is included, with link back to your tutorial.
    here is the link.
    http://burundanguitas.blogspot.com/2011/12/advent-calendar-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this advent calendar! I love that Santa can count down the days without the need for little gifts or treats. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
    wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
    Also visit my web-site:Black Friday PlayStation 4 Deals or Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  8. In this year I want to buy a vacuum cleaner. Unfortunatly, There aren't any deals for my product at local market. I think I have to find a deal for vacuum cleaner at onlion shop like Amazon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, We love to hear from all our readers and read each and everyone of them! xoxo